This TPF project was a continuation of the TPF-5(231) ITS Pooled Fund Program (ENTERPRISE) that began in 1991. Members contributed funds in support of ITS research projects to address specific problems that advanced the transportation technology programs in the member agencies. Members were from eight state departments of transportation across the U.S. and one Canadian transportation agency.
The final report describes the activities of ENTERPRISE Phase II technical activities performed between 2018 and 2021. Members identified, prioritized, and oversaw the research activities of 20 individual projects that all contributed to the seven objectives of the program.
- Objective #1: Investigate and promote Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) approaches and technologies that are compatible with other national and international ITS initiatives.
- Objective #2: Support the individual ITS program plans of ENTERPRISE participants.
- Objective #3: Provide a mechanism to support multi-state and international project cooperation and technical information interchange.
- Objective #4: Facilitate the formation of public-private partnerships for appropriate program activities.
- Objective #5: Pursue emerging ITS project opportunities in areas of interest to the group.
- Objective #6: Provide test beds in a variety of environments and locations for emerging ITS technologies.
- Objective #7: Identify common needs within the group and proceed with appropriate technical activities.